The tahini carrot cake is a favorite at the restaurant. I got the recipe a few years back from my mom. It is a really easy cake to make and goes great with your breakfast coffee, tea, or even as a light pound cake for dessert.
At home, I bake it with whole spelt to make it even healthier and it works great.
Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!
200 grams sugar
3/4 grams canola oil
180 grams tahini
180 grams flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
350 grams grated carrots
150 grams chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325ºf.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, canola oil and eggs for 3 minutes. Add the tahini and whisk for another minute.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Pour the dry-ingredient bowl into the wet-ingredient bowl through a sifter. Mix for a little bit…just until the flour is mixed in.
5. Add the grated carrots and chopped walnuts into the bowl and whisk carefully into the mix.
6. Oil two 1 lb. loaf pans (8.5 x 4.5 x 2.75) with canola oil. Scatter some sesame seeds on the pan.
7. Pour the mix into the baking pans. Scatter more sesame seeds on top of the mix and bake for 50 minutes.
8. If the cake is still moist after 50 minutes, bake for another 10 minutes.